Guest: Jeffrey Kaye. We talk about his research and writing on the Korean War and the biological warfare that was waged. HIs work is based on years of experience and research including in depth research of the depositions by prisoners of war and other materials that required laborious and expensive efforts to obtain. In a bonus segment we talk about how the US biowarfare operations have changed since the offensive bioweapon programs were officially ended during the Nixon administration when the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention was ratified.
Jeffrey Kaye is a retired psychologist. For nearly 10 years he worked part time with Survivors International in San Francisco, conducting both assessment and psychotherapy of torture victims. After 9/11, he joined others in protesting the activities of psychologists in the CIA and Department of Defense, some of whom who helped develop interrogation programs that have widely been exposed as including torture and other forms of cruel treatment of prisoners. He is also a blogger and an author of the book “Cover-up at Guantanamo“. His articles have been published for many years on various media outlets including Counterpunch, The Guardian and Al Jazeera.
Around the Empire aroundtheempire.com is listener supported, independent media.
SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW on Rokfin rokfin.com/aroundtheempire, Patreon patreon.com/aroundtheempire, Paypal paypal.me/aroundtheempirepod, YouTube youtube.com/aroundtheempire, Spotify, iTunes, iHeart, Google Podcasts
- Secret History: U.S. Air Force, Marine Corps Flyers’ Confessions on Use of Biological Weapons in the Korean War, Jeffrey Kaye
- CIA, MKULTRA and the Cover-up of U.S. Germ Warfare in the Korean War, Counterpunch, Jeffrey Kaye / Insurge Intelligence
- “A Real Flood of Bacteria and Germs”: Communications Intelligence and Charges of U.S. Germ Warfare During the Korean War, Jeffrey Kaye, Counterpunch
- New Revelations on Germ Warfare: It’s Time for a Reckoning with Our History from the Korean War, Jeffrey Kaye, Counterpunch
- The Schnacke Affidavit: U.S. Admission of Offensive Germ Warfare Capability During the Korean War, Jeffrey Kaye, Counterpunch
- Censored: North Korea Accused U.S. of Working with Unit 731 War Criminals on BW Attacks, Jeffrey Kaye
- A Concealed War Crime: U.S. Anthrax Bombings of China During the Korean War, Jeffrey Kaye
- REVEALED: The long-suppressed official report on US biowarfare in North Korea, Jeffrey Kaye