Watch on Rokfin
Guest: Peter Lee aka @chinahand. As Peter said “it’s been a pretty good week for the chinahawks.” In fact, a lot of good weeks lately. We talk about the escalation of tensions with China over Taiwan, the US-led “Asian NATO”l ships sailing through the Taiwan strait and in the South China sea, Chinese military exercises scrambling jets near Taiwan, the issue of Taiwan independence and US defense, the political situation and the prospects for war to break out and more. In a bonus episode I ask Peter what triggered Xi JInping’s crackdown in China and what caused the sudden shift in relations between the US and China, the real estate crisis and why Chinese billionaires had been allowed to thrive for so long.
Peter Lee has decades of experience in East Asia both as a businessman and as a writer. He produces Peter Lee’s China Threat Report and has been published at Asia Times, CounterPunch at his own blog, China Matters. FOLLOW @chinahand. SUBSCRIBE to Peter Lee’s China Threat Report.
Around the Empire aroundtheempire.com is listener supported, independent media.
SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW on Rokfin rokfin.com/aroundtheempire, Patreon patreon.com/aroundtheempire, Paypal paypal.me/aroundtheempirepod, YouTube youtube.com/aroundtheempire, Spotify, iTunes, iHeart, Google Podcasts
- Peter Lee’s China Threat Report: Taiwan ADIZ Sound and Fury
- Peter Lee’s China Threat Report: How Do You Spell Cold War 2.0? AUKUS
- WSJ: U.S. Troops Have Been Deployed in Taiwan for at Least a Year
- Chinese Foreign Ministry: Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying’s Remarks on Taiwan-related Statement Issued by US State Department Spokesperson
- Global Times: Op-Ed: Time to warn Taiwan secessionists and their fomenters: war is real: Global Times editorial