Guest: Kevin Gosztola. We focus on week 2 of the Assange Extradition hearings, witness testimony from Eric Lewis, Thomas Durkin, Daniel Ellsberg, John Goetz and Carey Shenkman and Assange’s defense team. We also talked about the password leaked in a book by Luke Harding and David Leigh, the highly problematic Espionage Act and how it, like the Assange case, is political in nature. Kevin has been doing reporting and analysis on the cases of Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange and Wikileaks both on the ground (and now remotely) for the past decade.
Recorded on September 18, 2020. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- Assange’s Extradition Trial: Court Hears About the History of Political Prosecutions Under the Espionage Act, Kevin Gosztola
- Good Ellsberg, Bad Assange at Extradition Trial, Pentagon Papers Whistleblower Dismantles False Narrative, Kevin Gosztola
- Witnesses at Extradition Trial Say Assange Could Spend Rest of His Life in US Prison, Kevin Gosztola
- At Assange Trial, Prosecution Invokes Human Rights Court Decision That Downplayed Abusive Supermax Prisons, Kevin Gosztola
- Julian Assange Extradition Hearing – September 18, 2020 (video)
- Julian Assange Extradition Trial – September 17, 2020 (video)
- Julian Assange Extradition Hearing – September 16, 2020 (video)
- Julian Assange Extradition Hearing – September 15, 2020 (video)
- Julian Assange Extradition Hearing – September 14, 2020 (video)
- ATE Ep 110 Assange Indictments Rely on Contrived Narrative feat Kevin Gosztola
- Khaled El-Masri biography and statement via ACLU
- ATE Ep 152 Kevin Gosztola: Insights from Assange Extradition Hearing in London