Guest: Karen Kwiatkowski. We discuss the treatment of Julian Assange and his reported torture and interrogation by US authorities in Belmash prison, the ongoing Assange extradition hearing and more.
Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, USAF (ret.) is a farmer, a teacher and a retired Air Force officer. She has degrees from Harvard, University of Alaska and a PhD from Catholic University. Before retiring she was a Pentagon desk officer who was in the building during the attack on 9/11 and worked for the Pentagon’s Near East and South Asia directorate which dealt with the Office of Special Plans. Since retiring, she has become a noted critic of the U.S. government’s involvement in Iraq and other aspects of foreign policy. She is a founding member of the Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity, and the recipient of the Sam Adams Associates for Integrity in Intelligence Award in 2018 for her insider essays which denounced a corrupting political influence on the course of military intelligence leading up to the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Karen has said that the role she played as a source for Knight-Ridder is accurately portrayed in the Rob Reiner’s film “Shock and Awe.” She has also appeared in documentary films, including “Why We Fight”.
Around the Empire is listener supported, independent media. Pitch in at Patreon: patreon.com/aroundtheempire or paypal.me/aroundtheempirepod. Find all links at aroundtheempire.com.
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube. FOLLOW @aroundtheempire and @joanneleon. SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW on iTunes, iHeart, Spotify, Google Play, Facebook or on your preferred podcast app.
- Why is Julian Assange Being Tortured to Death?, Karen Kwiatkowski
- Pray and Weep, Karen Kwiatkowski
- Assange in Court, Craig Murray
- VIPS: Extradition of Julian Assange Threatens Us All, Consortium News
- VIPS Fault Mueller Probe, Criticize Refusal to Interview Assange, Consortium News
- Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski Wins 2018 Sam Adams Award, Consortium News
- The new Pentagon papers, Karen Kwiatkowski, Salon
- In Rumsfeld’s Shop, Karen Kwiatkowski, American Conservative
- Conscientious Objector, Karen Kwiatkowski, American Conservative
- Open Door Policy, Karen Kwiatkowski, American Conservative
- James Comey: Justice is supposed to be blind. Bill Barr can’t see that, Washington Post