Swapcast with Foreign Policy Focus podcast host Kyle Anzalone, on the withdrawal of US troops from northern Syria and the Kurds/SDF new partnership with Syria with Russia as the guarantor. The Borg freaks out.Continue reading “Ep 129 The Borg Freaks Out Over Syria (Swapcast)”
Dan and Joanne talk about the Mueller’s indictment of Russian internet trolls for defrauding the United States and meddling in the 2016 election by placing ads on social media (most of which ran after the election itself). While the indictments themselves seem absurd, they did bring about a significant change. Both the establishment Left and Right are now more united against Russia and around the War Party.
We are independent media and we rely on your contributions.
Find all of our work at our website aroundtheempire.com
Recorded on February 23, 2018. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- Mueller Indictments, (via NPR)
- “Hyping the Mueller Indictment,” Aaron Mate, The Nation
- “Russian Espionage, or Clickbait?” Aaron Mate, Max Blumenthal, The Real News
- “A So-Called Expert’s Uneasy Dive Into the Trump-Russia Frenzy,” Adrian Chen, NewYorker
- “Is Donald Trump a Traitor?” James Risen, The Intercept
- “Confessions of a Russiagate Skeptic,” Blake Hounshell, Politico Magazine
- “Ex-NSA Hackers Worry China And Russia Will Try to Arrest Them,” Lorenzo Franceschi Bicchierai, Motherboard
Quote Montage: Rod Rosenstein, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Joy Reid, Bernie Sanders, Thomas Friedman, Lawrence O’Donnell, Max Boot, Jerry Nadler, Laura Ingraham, James Woolsey, Jimmy Dore, Adrian Chen, Max Blumenthal