Guest: Jeffrey Carr. Dan Wright and Joanne Leon had a reunion conversation with cybersecurity expert Jeffrey Carr to revisit the infamously erroneous Crowdstrike analysis of the DNC hack which they attributed to Russia based on their analysis of an alleged Russian hack of a Ukrainian military artillery app. We also discussed Crowdstrike’s history, its recent mention in President Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian President Zelensky (the same phone call that led to his impeachment for a different reason) and the broader issue of how cybersecurity firms are incentivized to make specious claims concerning attribution of a hack, particularly if it gains them notoriety that leads to more business.Continue reading “Ep 145 Crowdstrike Analysis Revisited feat Jeffrey Carr”
Guest: Ivan Katchanovski to talk about his vast research and his detailed and prolific writings and presentations on the Maidan protests and the 2014 Maidan massacre in Ukraine.Continue reading “Ep 141 Maidan Massacre in Ukraine feat Ivan Katchanovski”
Mark Sleboda joins us today from Moscow to talk about the state of affairs in Ukraine, the Ukraine elections and the larger geopolitical picture. Mark is an International Affairs & Security Analyst, a US Navy veteran, a university lecturer and a foreign policy realist.
Dan and Joanne talk with Jim Kavanagh about the summit between American President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki and the anticipated attempt to strike a MidEast grand bargain.
Jim is editor and writer at The Polemicist. His work is also published at CounterPunch, Greanville Post and he’s a frequent guest on the Loud and Clear radio show. Follow Jim at @ThePolemicist_ . Find his work at polemicist.net.
Recorded on July 12, 2018. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- Lindsey Graham interview laying out War Party strategy for Syria, Iran, Turkey (starts at 2:27)
- Israeli, Saudi, and Emirati Officials Privately Pushed for Trump to Strike a “Grand Bargain” with Putin, Adam Entous, New Yorker
- Netanyahu May Offer Putin: Remove Iran From Syria for Lifting of U.S. Sanctions on Russia, Zvi Bar’el, Haaretz
- Middle East officials flocking to Moscow – is there a big deal to be made before Putin meets Trump?, RT
- The Real “Deal of The Century” in The Middle East is The One Russia Struck With Israel Regarding Syria, Adam Garrie, Eurasia Future
- The Warm War: Russiamania At The Boiling Point, Jim Kavanagh, The Polemicist
Dan and Joanne talk with Max Blumenthal about the history of the national security state and the ruling elite using radical and extremist groups as proxies both abroad and at home. We discuss the Syrian “rebels”, neo-Nazi groups in Ukraine and we also talk about Charlottesville and how we got here.
Max is an author, journalist, senior editor of the Gray Zone Project at alternet.org, and co-host of the Moderate Rebels podcast. He is well known for his acclaimed books, The 51 Day War: Ruin and Resistance in Gaza, Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel and Republican Gomorrah: Inside the Movement that Shattered the Party.
We are independent media and we rely on your contributions
Follow @maxblumenthal, find references to all of his work at maxblumenthal.com.
Find all of our work at our website aroundtheempire.com
Recorded on August 20, 2017. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
1) 18 August 2017 (VIDEO) The Real Story of How Bannon and Trump Got to the White HouseThe Real News Network – Thomas Hedges
2) 23 June 2017 John McCain and Paul Ryan Hold ‘Good Meeting’ With Veteran Ukrainian Nazi Demagogue Andriy Parubiy Alternet – Ben Norton, Max Blumenthal
3) 18 November 2014 How the Israel Lobby Protected Ukrainian Neo-Nazis Alternet Max Blumenthal (Rep. John Conyers wanted to block U.S. funding to neo-Nazis in Ukraine. But the ADL and Simon Wiesenthal Center refused to help.)
4) 24 February 2014 Is the U.S. Backing Neo-Nazis in Ukraine? Alternet Max Blumental (Exposing troubling ties in the U.S. to overt Nazi and fascist protesters in Ukraine.)
5) 16 June 2017 (VIDEO) Anti-Muslim Manchester Demo Unites Britain’s Far-Right
6) 16 June 2017 Former EDL leader holds large anti-Muslim demonstration in ManchesterHope Not Hate – Dr Joe Mulhall
7) 18 March 2017 New European Branch of International Alt-Right Group to Launch Hope Not Hate – Dr Joe Mulhall
8) 17 March 2017 More Transatlantic co-operation by the international Alt/Far Right – Hope Not Hate – Dr Joe Mulhall
9) 20 March 2017 (VIDEO) Can Europe Stop the Far Right if It Doesn’t Stop Neoliberal Austerity? The Real News Network, Liz Fekete (Institute of Race Relations)
10) 20 June 2016 Return of the Reich – Mapping the Global Resurgence of Far Right Power Insurge Intelligence – Nafeez Ahmed (A four part INSURGE intelligence investigative series commissioned by Tell MAMA)