(Podcast published on April 2, 2020) Guest: Mark Sleboda. We talk about the recent conflicts between Russia and Turkey in Syria. Negotiations resulted in a Sochi 2.0 Agreement, also called the Moscow Memorandum which settled the issue for the time being but none of the underlying problems were solved so it’s likely a temporary solution. We also discussed the overall situation in Syria and Turkish President Erdogan’s predicament and predictions for his future.Continue reading “Ep 158 Conflict Between Russia and Turkey in Syria feat Mark Sleboda”
Journalist and analyst Pepe Escobar, speaks to us from Bangkok about the new Great Game in Eurasia and why the critical military and geopolitical situation requires that the US resume relations with Russia despite the massive forces working against that.
Escobar is the correspondent-at-large for Asia Times and a frequent contributor to websites, TV and radio shows ranging from the US to East Asia. Born in Brazil, he’s been a foreign correspondent since 1985, and has lived in London, Paris, Milan, Los Angeles, Washington, Bangkok and Hong Kong. FOLLOW Pepe Escobar on Facebook and find his work at Asia Times.
Recorded on July 26, 2018. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- Here’s the real reason the US must talk to Russia, Pepe Escobar, Asia Times
- Losing Military Supremacy: The Myopia of American Strategic Planning, Andrei Martyanov
Dan and Joanne talk with Jim Kavanagh about the summit between American President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki and the anticipated attempt to strike a MidEast grand bargain.
Jim is editor and writer at The Polemicist. His work is also published at CounterPunch, Greanville Post and he’s a frequent guest on the Loud and Clear radio show. Follow Jim at @ThePolemicist_ . Find his work at polemicist.net.
Recorded on July 12, 2018. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- Lindsey Graham interview laying out War Party strategy for Syria, Iran, Turkey (starts at 2:27)
- Israeli, Saudi, and Emirati Officials Privately Pushed for Trump to Strike a “Grand Bargain” with Putin, Adam Entous, New Yorker
- Netanyahu May Offer Putin: Remove Iran From Syria for Lifting of U.S. Sanctions on Russia, Zvi Bar’el, Haaretz
- Middle East officials flocking to Moscow – is there a big deal to be made before Putin meets Trump?, RT
- The Real “Deal of The Century” in The Middle East is The One Russia Struck With Israel Regarding Syria, Adam Garrie, Eurasia Future
- The Warm War: Russiamania At The Boiling Point, Jim Kavanagh, The Polemicist
Dan and Joanne discuss Dan and Joanne talk about the hysteria around Russia and Vladimir Putin in western media which is not calming down and instead is getting progressively worse.
Episode 27 is a bonus episode for our patrons. Thank you! You can gain access to all of our content by becoming a patron.
You can find all of our content (podcasts, articles and soon video) here at our website now.
Recorded on July 21, 2017. Music by Fluorescent Grey.