Syrian analyst Ehsani returns to the show to talk about the latest developments in the Syria, with a focus on the Idlib deal, Turkey’s role in the war, perspectives from Syrians, and the prospects for recovery.
Continue reading “Ep 72 Syria: Idlib Deal & Outlook feat Ehsani”
Elijah Magnier returns to the show for an update and insight on the political situation in Iraq where the prime minister selection process (also a proxy battle of sorts between the US and Iran) is still ongoing. See Around the Empire Episode 56 for our first conversation on this topic. We also talk about the stalled operation in Idlib and the power players involved.
Elijah is a veteran war correspondent, a terrorism/counterterrorism analyst specializing in the Europe and the Middle East, especially Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Sudan and Libya. He recently left Iraq and is speaking to us today from Lebanon.
FOLLOW Elijah at @ejmalrai and find his work at ejmagnier.com. Support him by using the Paypal link at the bottom of every page on his website.
We are independent media and we rely on your contributions. Patreon: patreon.com/aroundtheempire Donations: aroundtheempire.com.
FOLLOW @aroundtheempire. SUBSCRIBE/FOLLOW on iTunes, iHeart, Spotify, YouTube, Facebook.
Recorded on September 14, 2018. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- A Weak and Divided Iraq is Stumbling Towards an Unbalanced Future (6/8/18), Elijah Magnier
- The US Forces in Al-Tanf are Beleaguered on both the Syrian and Iraqi Sides. Tehran is Challenging Washington in Iraq Abadi is No Longer the Agreed Favourite Candidate (7/23/18), Elijah Magnier
- Which War for Mesopotamia? Iraq Must Choose Between Iran and the US (8/21/18) , Elijah Magnier
- Faleh Al-Fayyad is the Official Anti-US PM Candidate in Iraq, While the US is Trying to Hit Iran Below the Belt (8/31/18), Elijah Magnier
- The US Horse Fell at the First Jump in Iraq (9/4/18), Elijah Magnier
- The USA Oblivious to the Rise of a Resistance Movement in Response to Its Interference in Iraqi Elections (9/5/18), Elijah Magnier
- A Wake-Up Call to the US in Baghdad: Will Haidar Abadi Become the Mohammad Morsi of Iraq? (9/7/18), Elijah Magnier
- Haidar Abadi Has Fallen With the Burned Walls of the Iranian Consulate in Basra (9/10/18), Elijah Magnier
- The Liberation of Idlib: Turkey is in the Way, With Russia Slowing Down (9/14/18), Elijah Magnier
- Syria – The Rationale Behind The Delay Of Idleb’s Liberation, Moon of Alabama
- Can Erdogan intimidate Assad into backing off Idlib?, Amberin Zaman, Al Monitor
- “Turkey reinforces military in Syria’s Idlib after ceasefire call fails”, Orhan Coskun, Reuters
- Turkish Strategy in Northern Syria Military Operations, Turkish-Backed Groups and Idlib Issue, SouthFront
- “Notorious Terrorist Commander Eliminated By Syrian Troops In Idlib”, Muraselon/The Syria Reporters
Dan and Joanne talk with Syrian analyst Ehsani @ehsani22 about the origins of the war and the new prospects for an end to the war. We also talk about the current situation in Deir Ezzor and Idlib.
Ehsani is from Aleppo, Syria. He is active on social media, especially Twitter, mainly with analysis and discussion about Syria. He has also written for Syria Comment under this pseudonymn “Ehsani”..
Follow @ehsani22 on Twitter. He has also been published many times at Syria Comment.
We are independent media and we rely on your contributions: Patreon: patreon.com/aroundtheempire Donations: aroundtheempire.com
Find all of our work at our website aroundtheempire.com
Follow Dan and Joanne: @USEmpireShow, @joanneleon
Please subscribe/follow us on iTunes, YouTube, Facebook.
Recorded on September 17, 2017. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- Ehsani at Syria Comment
- Russian foreign ministry comment on crossing the Euphrates
- SDF Issue Statement Condemning Syrian/Russian bombardment of their forces
- Ahmed Abu Khawla (commander of Deir Ezzor military council) claims SDF won’t allow Syrian forces to cross the Euphrates
- Russian military spokesman denied targeting SDF