Guest: Patrick Lawrence. We discuss President Trump’s relationship with his chosen cabinet hawks, Mike Pompeo and John Bolton and what Lawrence sees as a foreign policy coup by the Bolton-Pompeo axis.Continue reading “Ep 106 Bolton-Pompeo Axis feat Patrick Lawrence”
Major Danny Sjursen joins the show to talk about about the war in Afghanistan, an unsustainable quagmire for which no more blood and treasure should be sacrificed. We also talk about the magical American soldier myth and the empire denial syndrome.
Dan and Joanne talk about Rex Tillerson’s unveiling of the Trump administration’s new Syria policy via a Stanford University speech and interview with Condoleeza Rice. The policy is named “The Way Forward” but ironically it seems more like a regression to the Bush/Cheney neoconservative foreign policy for the Middle East.
We are independent media and we rely on your contributions.
Find all of our work at our website aroundtheempire.com
Recorded on January 23, 2018. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- State Dept. marketing video: “The Way Forward on Syria”
- Press Briefing Jan. 18, State Dept.
- Tillerson “Remarks on the Way Forward for the United States in Syria”, Hoover Institution/Stanford University (transcripts and videos)
- Follow up Tillerson interview with Condoleeza Rice, Hoover Institution, Stanford University
- “Tillerson tells the truth about Syria,” Washington Post Editorial Board
- “A New Decision To Go To War In Syria,” Paul PIllar, LobeLog