On this Foreign Policy Focus and Around the Empire swapcast, Kyle and Joanne discuss the five year anniversary of the US/Saudi/UAE war on Yemen. The anniversary has received almost no media coverage in the midst of the coronavirus outbreak. It’s the world’s worst humanitarian crisis and makes Yemen extremely vulnerable to the coronavirus crisis. The US/Saudi/UAE/UK bombing campaign has intentionally targeted the civilian infrastructure of Yemen. 24 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance and millions of children are at risk of starvation. Yemen must be remembered and the war must end.
Recorded on March 26, 2020. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- Around the Empire: Ep 132 Ending the War in Yemen feat Shireen Al-Adeimi
- Around the Empire: Ep 128 Will the Saudi Kingdom Survive Their War on Yemen? feat Isa Blumi
- Around the Empire: Ep 64 Yemen War Big Picture & Media Narrative feat Isa Blumi
- Around the Empire: Ep 55 Imperial War, Gulf State Rivalry, Resources and Resistance in Yemen feat Isa Blumi
- Foreign Policy Focus FPF #209 – Killing Yemen
- Clashing UAE and Saudi interests are keeping the Yemen conflict alive, The Guardian
- 3/26/20 Shireen al Adeimi Twitter THREAD