Guest: Nasser Arrabyee. Speaking to us from Yemen, Nasser describes the recent drone attacks by the Yemen armed forces (led by the Houthis) on the Saudi oil facilities in Abqaiq and Khurais. We discussed the fact that there have been numerous other, progressively advanced, retaliatory strikes by Yemen on Saudi Arabia in recent months and over the past few years. Further, we talk about the five year bombardment and blockade of Yemen by Saudi Arabia (with the critical assistance of the United States) and how the number of casualties has been grossly understated.
Nasser Arrabyee is a journalist and filmmaker based in Sanaa, Yemen. He has produced four documentaries about the war in Yemen and has been published by numerous media outlets including the New York Times, Bloomberg and Foreign Policy.
FOLLOW Nasser Arrabyee on Twitter @narrabyee.
Recorded on September 17, 2019. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- 9/14/19 video statement from spokesman for Yemen/Houthi armed forces about the drone attack on Saudi oil facilities. Translation by Nasser Arrabyee
- Yemen’s Houthis say Aramco plants still a target, Reuters
- Scott Horton Show: 9/9/19 Nasser Arrabyee on the Ongoing War in Yemen
- Damage At Saudi Oil Plant Points To Well Targeted Swarm Attack, Moon of Alabama
- The Secret of Yemen’s War? We Can End It, NYT, Martin Griffiths (UN Special Envoy for Yemen)
- Yemen Houthi drones, missiles defy years of Saudi air strikes, Reuters